Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lining up my thoughts coherently...

Yay, It's my birthday!!!! But I'm not changing the name of the blog...I'm sneaky like that. :)

I'm working on a blog post. A political one. A personal one. I've never been very good at getting points across with great eloquence, so I'm taking my time on this. Hopefully I'll be able to get it all out by Election Day.

One quick thought:

I almost leaped out of my chair last night watching the debate. The moment? When McCain put my health in his smartass air quotes during the abortion discussion.

McCain: Just again, the example of the eloquence of Sen. Obama. He's "health" for the mother. You know, that's been stretched by the pro-abortion movement in America to mean almost anything.

You just lost the few middle of the road women voters you did have. You patronizing, misogynistic old goat. You just showed your true disdain for women everywhere. I shouldn't be surprised. He voted against Equal Pay for Equal Work, told horrible jokes about Chelsea Clinton, even (documented, not hearsay) called his own wife a "cunt" in the presence of others. His own running mate, when she was mayor of her tiny little town in Alaska, supported charging victims of rape for their own rape kits.

Yep, he's exactly the president I want my daughter to grow up under.



More later. I have to make a doctor's appointment, ya know, for my "health". Because I'm sure in your mind, postpartum depression can mean just about anything, right? It's all in my delicate little head...

Gah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on! I think you're right that his comment about women's health did scare off a good many people. Just keep your fingers crossed -- we're down to the wire! Great blog, too!