Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's already Thursday???

Where does our time go? How did it get to Thursday without me noticing? Granted, I've been a little off this week with my killer hormonal shift, but this happens all the time now. I guess not working outside of the home, not really talking to anyone other than the kid and the husband and the grocery clerk really changes perception.

One of my goals for this year is to create a more structured routine for our home, especially for me and LilMiss. For 17 months now, I've just been "going with the flow"; wake up when baby wakes up, take a shower/get out of my pajamas when she goes down for a nap, around noon...hurry up and make supper before Mr. gets home from work...no routine. Just, flowing. I don't think it's been that great for me or for the girl.

So, in an effort to be a bit more structured, I've come up with a tentative schedule. I really hope Mr. Refney isn't reading this...he will laugh and laugh at me. And then poke me in the mornings to get me out of bed.

7:00 am: Wake up time for me. Take temp. Chart. Make coffee, shower, email and internet time.

8:00 am: Wake up LilMiss. WE need a better nap and sleep schedule. Maybe getting her up at the same time will do the trick. So she's not napping at 5:30 in the evening.

Breakfast (an actual sit down breakfast, not just nursing), get dressed, and either:
Run errands
Go outside and play (weather permitting)
Go to park
Playdate
Read and play learning games inside (if bad weather)

12:00 pm: Lunch. An actual sit down lunch. Not nursing.

12:30 pm: Naptime. For LilMiss, not me. If I'd just go to bed at a decent hour, maybe I wouldn't be so damn tired.

12:30 pm until LilMiss wakes up: Laundry. Dusting. Decluttering. What's for supper. Paperwork (tax season...yuck). Bill paying.

Afternoon: Playtime. Put in a movie or video game for LilMiss. Go back outside if weather is good. Continue with the laundry, because you know what happens if you throw it in a basket. It just multiplies, and then Mr. Refney is waking you up because he can't find a pair of socks.

Evening: Daddy's home!!!! Hand off girl, finish supper. Family playtime. KEEP THE DAMN TV OFF!!!!!! Bathtime for baby, reading, bedtime by 8:30.

Night: Good ol' snuggle time for the adults.


Now, I do realize I'm being a bit ambitious with this. After all, I'm a self-proclaimed internet addict who could spend 8 hours a day here and still not get enough. Lil'Miss will not always cooperate. She is getting to be quite the sassy toddler.

But...we'll see. At least I have something written down.

Gotta run. Mr. Refney is home. I need to go look busy.

No comments: