Thursday, October 18, 2007

What am I doing?

I turned 30 a few days ago. Hence the name of the blog. So I'm starting some new things during my 30th year. Maybe this will be a good one.

I'm telling my husband (Refney) that I think I'm losing my mind. Literally. Since becoming pregnant last November and giving birth to my daughter, the ever-beautiful PooButt, in August, I feel dumber. I can't think of the correct words to use in a sentence. I can't remember what I said 5 minutes ago. If I don't write it down, I forget. And of course most of the time I forget where I put that damn list.

I read mommy shit on the internet. I could tell you whose kid in my due date club is rolling over and whose isn't (mine isn't. Good. She doesn't need to be mobile yet). I find recipes yet I can't find time to cook (Laugh it up, Refney). I could tell you how long breast milk lasts in the fridge, not that PooButt will take a bottle. Ask me what day it is...I probably can't tell you. Nor can I tell you what 3x6 is most days. I do watch the news....Headline News. That way at least it repeats every hour and I might remember something they said by the end of the day.

Not that I sit around doing nothing all day. That's another post.

Shit, I'm already losing focus. Alright, back to what I was saying...

So, I told my loving Refney, I need to do something that feeds my mind. Teaches me something new.

I told him to buy me a Nintendo DS so I can play that BrainAge game. That'll work, right?

Refney gave me a few suggestions. Read a textbook. Learn a language. Start a website. Things I can do in between laundry, dishes, diapers, errands and getting PooButt fed.

So, I picked up his old college texts. History, which I absolutely love. I'll read this, and then do some chapter exercises. Sounds good. Latin. Oooo, maybe I can learn latin. Sounds cool. Biology? I may be pushing it there.

Haven't opened the book yet. Except I did read Anthony Bourdain's "Nasty Bits" last week. Loved it!!!

So, while reading my mommyblogs this morning, I came to one hosted here. Hmmm, I can start my own? What would I write about? Is it easy?

Why the hell not? PooButt is asleep, not on me for once, so I'll give it a shot.

So yes, I'll talk about my lovely little girl a lot. My hunky husband sometimes, if he's lucky (or would that be unlucky?). My grammar sucks, so no comments on punctuation, please.

Feel free to bring the snark, just don't be nasty. My hormones may kill you.

No comments: